Friday 3 October 2008

Car PC Project : Introduction

I've been meaning to make my own car PC for years. I've stumbled upon pico itx motherboard the other day when surfing the net. That is what triggered this project. I've look on ebay for pico itx motherboard but they are way too expensive for me. I've settled with an Intel mini itx motherboard. I'll be sharing my experience making the car PC over the next few days, or weeks.

When i started this project, my wife didn't really approved of it. She said what is so good about having a PC in a car? This really make me thinks, really hard. I mean, really, what is so good about having a PC in a car. What would i use it for? For GPS, nah , I've got my HTC Tytn II for that. For internet and email, nah, i've got my HTC Tytn II for that. To watch movie in the car, nah, i still got my HTC Tytn II for that. Wait, why would i want to watch tv or movie in the car, I'm suppose to be driving. Come to think of it, i can do all the things i want with my 'small pc', the Tytn II. It just seems like a great idea a few years ago, when 3G Smartphone are not so popular.

What the heck.... i've got all the parts and now am ready to built one. Lets just built one for the fun of it. No other reason. The only good thing i can think of is that i'll have a bigger screen than my HTC Tytn II.

Stay tune for Part II. To be continued............

No comments: