Monday 10 November 2008

The Twitter Twit

I'm trying out twitter again after i saw Adam being the top 5 in Coventry. I don't quite understand what's the buzz is all about with twitter. I don't think it's famous among malaysian. I know that because i try to search for twiiter user within my emails but the only one that came up is Adam. No wonder he's top five twitter user in Coventry. I've sign up for twitter a few weeks ago but doesn't quite understand what it's all about until i watch the video tutorial on their website.




Picture 2.png


Basically it's a site where you update your current status, in the form of answering a question, "What are you doing?". SImilar to how you update your custom status on Yahoo messenger, Adium or MSN Messenger. Some might ask, why should i use twitter if i already have yahoo messenger for that. Well, twitter is all over the web now. You can sync your twitter message in Facebok or even yahoo messgener and adium. This make is easier for us. I can just update my status on twitter and it will show up on Adium, Yahoo Messenger and my Facebook. You can even send your blog to twitter using their add-on plugin.




Picture 1.png Picture 3.png


For those interested in syncing their twitter with yahoo messenger, you can use twitter sync messegger. I personally haven't try this but i would say it's very straight forward. I have tried twitteradium to sync with Adium and it's working quite well.


For those interested to know more about twitter, head to their website and watch the video tutorial.



1 comment:

Dilip Mutum said...

You guessed correctly. It is linked to Facebook and various other social networks so that whenever I post an update on Twitter, my status also gets updated on other networks as well.